Walden University offers a wide range of different professionals with the opportunity to transform themselves as scholar-practitioners that will produce significant social transformation.
The University is a typical 21st-century institution where knowledge is considered worthy to the degree, that it can be applied by its graduates to the instant solutions of critical societal problems; hence promoting the growth of the country and the world at large.
|Easiest Way to Move to Canada Through Express Entry||Apply Now|
|30+ Construction Helper Jobs in Canada||Apply Now|
|Move to Canada as a Teacher||Apply Now|
|Move to Canada as an Electrician||Apply Now|
|Move to Canada as a Carpenter||Apply Now|
|20+ High in Demand Jobs in Canada for Africans||Apply Now|
Walden University has made its admissions process to be as less difficult and streamlined as possible. Therefore, they have provided an Enrollment Specialist that you can contact to guide you through every process, ranging from securing the right program to financing your education. Here are some helpful tips to get you started.
About Walden University
Walden University is one of the best and most talked about online Institutions that are perfect for students who couldn’t meet up traditional classes because of time limitations. It offers more than 80 online degrees for working-class applicants.
History has it that Walden University was established in 1970 by Bernie and Rita Turner, couples that are made up of a team of New York professors. Their objective was to ensure that higher education is more accessible to busy adults who are still interested in schooling, particularly working professionals.
It is a school that offers an escape route to applicants who are not satisfied with their SAT or ACT scores, although, they must have a GPA of 3.0 or above before they would be considered.
The first Walden University class took place in Naples, Florida, in 1971. A class that features summer class students that need help with their dissertation themes to enable them to come back to school well-prepared in the fall.
Initially, far distance learning was done with mail before they started using the internet. With the advent of the internet, Walden University became one of the first schools to convert distance learning to a digital format.
Therefore, due to the existence of the internet world, the college no longer offers traditional campus lectures but resorted to only online classes. Walden University presently offers many online courses, ranging from accountancy to elementary reading and arithmetic.
Walden University has a 4.2-star rating based on student reviews. Walden University is ranked number 182 in Public Health, 186 in Computer Science, 261 in Social Work, and 284 in Best Public Affairs Program by U.S. News & World Report.
Which Body Accredited Walden University?
The body that accredited Walden University was Higher Learning Commission (HLC), which was done in 1990. It is as recent as 2013 that the HLC reaffirmed the school’s accreditation status. In other words, Walden University has often met, if not surpassed, the accrediting body’s rigorous standards.
The HLC is one of six regional accrediting associations recognized by both the US Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, which explains its legitimacy and trustworthiness. Walden University has specialist accreditation in addition to the HLC certification.
Put simply, specialist accreditation is offered to a degree program that leads to certification or licensure, often a professional one. Some of the accrediting bodies that have given Walden University-specific accreditations are:
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
Courses Offered at Walden University
Walden University offers Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees and gives students the opportunity to earn a Doctoral degree. They offer several quality online courses and disciplines such as;
- Criminal Justice
- Health Sciences
- Human Services
- Counselling & Psychology
- Public Health
- Public Information
- Information Technology and
- Several other institutional rewards and limited-time savings initiatives.
- 15% Veterans and Alumni/family discounts for eligible students
What is the Cost of Enrolling at Walden University?
On average, the tuition fees for students that enroll at Walden University is approximately $11,700, with a net price of around $21,276. Meanwhile, the total cost of admission for students living within and outside the state is $13,020, while the tuition remains unchanged at $12,465 for all students
Also, the cost of their books and supplies is at $900, while the cost of room and board is estimated at $6,201, then, $6,399, is for miscellaneous. Generally, everything about the tuition fees for undergraduates should be around $25,000, while for the graduate, $11,700.
Walden University Admissions Eligibility & Criteria
To be eligible to apply for Walden university admission, you must provide the following requirements:
- Transcript in its original form (s)
- Test results that apply
- Online application submitted in its entirety
- List of transfer credits from previous jobs.
To apply for a Doctoral Degree you will require:
- A master’s degree or higher is preferred.
- Three years of professional or academic experience in a comparable field.
- Only a bachelor’s degree is required for entrance to some PhD programs.
For a Master’s Degree:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher is required.
- And for a Bachelor’s Degree:
- Adult students with a high school diploma or its equivalent are considered for admission.
- Again, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- You are at least 21 years old.
- Must be under the age of 21 and have completed 60 quarter-credit hours.
- You are currently serving in the military or a veteran with proof of service.
- You are enrolled in an approved partner institution with an articulation agreement at the same time.
How to Apply
Walden University has made its admissions process to be very simple and streamlined. You’ll need to work with an Enrollment Specialist who’ll guide you through every process ranging from discovering the right program to funding your program.
Unlike other institutions, Walden University does not charge any application fee. To start your application, simply enter some basic information and create an account. Meanwhile, your Enrollment Specialist will be available after your account has been set up to answer any questions you may have.
- Personal Details: Fill in the blanks with your contact and background information.
- Your Employment History: Thousands of businesses collaborate with Walden to offer savings to their employees. Enter your employer to see whether you’re entitled for any savings.
- Educational Qualification: To guarantee that you are eligible for your program, please tell us about your educational background.
- Attach your Transcripts: You must supply transcripts from any previous universities you have attended. You may be requested to provide extra material, such as a resume, depending on your program.
- Thereafter, submit your application to specialist in enrollment: Your Enrollment Specialist will scrutinize your application and ensure that it is complete and ready for submission to the admissions staff.
- Once you submit, the university’s admission committee will review your application and make a decision.
- To get started, click the link below:
Meanwhile, before you start your application, first:
- Choose your Program
- Contact the admission office
- Then order for Transcript