The Quebec Government Doctoral Research Scholarships Program for international students (DE) in Canada helps to stimulate international students’ interest in beginning or pursuing doctoral studies in Québec. It also provides financial support to top international Ph.D. candidates in the natural sciences, mathematics, and engineering fields.
This program is particularly aiming to inspire high intellectual students of the developing countries who have dreams of furthering, with a bid to improve upon the conditions of their country and become great leaders of their generations. Below are all the details you need to take part in this lucrative scholarship offer.
|Easiest Way to Move to Canada Through Express Entry||Apply Now|
|30+ Construction Helper Jobs in Canada||Apply Now|
|Move to Canada as a Teacher||Apply Now|
|Move to Canada as an Electrician||Apply Now|
|Move to Canada as a Carpenter||Apply Now|
|20+ High in Demand Jobs in Canada for Africans||Apply Now|
About Doctoral Research Scholarships Program for Foreign Students (DE) Scholarship
The Doctoral Research Scholarships Program for Foreign Students (DE) of the Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et les technologies (FRQNT) aims to stimulate international student’s interest in beginning or pursuing doctoral studies in Québec and provide financial support to leading international Ph.D. candidates in the natural sciences, mathematics and engineering fields.
Application Deadline: 1st November 2018
Deadline for Universities to Submit Preselected Applications: September 22, 2018
Eligible Countries: International
Place of Exam: Any Québec University in Canada
Fields of Research: The scholarships are aimed at foreign students who had been preselected by a Québec university and who wish to carry out their doctoral studies in the natural sciences, mathematics, and engineering fields. To be eligible, applicants must specialize in the following areas:
- Information and communication technologies
- Health technologies
- Meet all eligibility requirements on the competition closing date;
- Have been preselected by a Québec university;
- Not have obtained a Merit Scholarship for Foreign Students from the Ministère de l’Education de l’Enseignement supérieur du Québec (MEES) or one of the Fonds de recherche du Québec;
- Not be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada;
- Not have submitted an application for permanent residence under Canadian immigration law.
In addition to the aforementioned criteria, applicants should note the following restrictions and administrative prerequisites:
Study program restrictions:
- The scholarship cannot be used for qualifying studies.
- Only students who have been preselected by a Québec university may apply to the competition.
- Universities may support two competition applications per year.
- Candidate’s preselection is the sole responsibility of the university. Information on preselection deadlines is available In the Toolbox (See in Program webpage Link below).
Value of Scholarship
The maximum annual value of the doctoral research scholarship for international students is 21 000 $. Within the eligibility period of twelve semesters or 48 months, a scholarship holder may receive a maximum of twelve installments for a total of 84 000 $.
Each payment of up to 7 000 $ covers a period of four months or one semester. The 11th and 12th installments are conditional on the initial deposit of the thesis before the end of the 12th financed semester.
Duration of Award: 12 to 48months.
How to Apply
Click on: Apply to and fill in all the application requirements
It is important to go through the Application instructions on the Scholarship Webpage (See link below) before applying.