Do you wish to immigrate to Canada as a medical laboratory technologist? If yes, you are reading the right article. In this article, you will learn how to immigrate to Canada as a medical laboratory technologist.
Medical Laboratory Technologist
The medical laboratory technology falls under the NOC code 3211. This reveals that medical laboratory technologists are needed in Canada. Medical laboratory technologists are professionals that conduct medical laboratory tests and experiments to analyze various biological samples to treat or diagnose or prevent different diseases. In Canada, they can be employed by blood banks, community and private clinics, hospitals, research facilities and post-secondary educational institutions.
|Easiest Way to Move to Canada Through Express Entry||Apply Now|
|30+ Construction Helper Jobs in Canada||Apply Now|
|Move to Canada as a Teacher||Apply Now|
|Move to Canada as an Electrician||Apply Now|
|Move to Canada as a Carpenter||Apply Now|
|20+ High in Demand Jobs in Canada for Africans||Apply Now|
Examples of Job titles under Medical Laboratory Technologists;
According to the National Occupation Classification, the following are the examples of job titles under the Medical Laboratory technologist profession;
- clinical immunology technologist
- cytogenetics technologist – medical laboratory
- histology technologist
- immunohematology technologist
- medical laboratory supervisor
- medical laboratory technologist
- medical technologist – medical laboratory
Exclusions of Jobs under the Medical Laboratory Technologist;
According to the National Occupation Classification, the following job title does not fall under the NOC code 3211 of the medical laboratory technologist;
- Life science technologists in non-medical laboratories (See 2221 Biological technologists and technicians)
- Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists’ assistants (3212)
- Physical science technologists in non-medical laboratories (See 2211 Chemical technologists and technicians)
Requirements to be employed as a Medical Laboratory Technologist in Canada
According to the National Classification Occupation, the following are the requirements to be employed as a medical laboratory technologist in Canada;
- A two- or three-year college program in medical laboratory technology is required
2. A period of supervised practical training may be required.
3. Registration with a regulatory body is required in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta.
4. Certification by the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science is usually required by employers
Immigrate to Canada as a Medical Laboratory Technologist
Here are three ways to immigrate to Canada as a medical laboratory technologist;
1. Express Entry:
Express entry is one of the fastest ways to immigrate to Canada as a medical laboratory technologist. With the express entry immigration option, you can become a permanent resident in Canada in just 6 months! The express entry consists of three immigration programs. Medical laboratory technologists are eligible to apply for the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Only those who meet the eligibility requirements would receive an Invitation to Apply during one of the bi-weekly draw rounds.
2. Study Medical Laboratory Technology in Canada:
You can also immigrate to Canada as a medical laboratory technologist through a study permit. Canada is one of the most popular choices for international or foreign students. There are plenty of recognized universities in Canada that offers medical laboratory technology as a course. You can choose to undergo a medical laboratory technology undergraduate program at any university in Canada or if you already have a degree in medical laboratory technology, you can simply further your studies in Canada. This process of immigrating to Canada is pretty simple; however, it does not guarantee you permanent residency. If you want to permanently stay in Canada, you should apply to express entry or Provincial Nominee Programs.
3. Work permit:
Every year, a large number of medical laboratory technologists immigrate to Canada with work permits. If you can secure a job offer in Canada from your home country then you can immigrate to Canada with a work permit. This allows you to work in Canada for a temporary period. If you wish to stay in Canada permanently, you would need to apply under the express entry program or Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP)